Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm an alien

An alien in the sense that I'm a foreign national seeking employment in China. Got my Alien Employment License of the People's Republic of China via UPS today. Very official-looking.



Just like the international students in my MBA class who were seeking employment in the US and needed a company's visa sponsorship; I'm in their boat now. Of course, this is just one of many steps. I also got my photo taken at FedexKinko's today, and will drive down to my local Chinese embassy next week to apply for the Employment (Z) visa.

Over the last few weeks, I've been e-mailing people I know in Shanghai just letting them know that I'm going to be joining them pretty soon. One of my contacts offered to "lend me his personal assistant to assist me with anything" I need. Interesting, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment