Thursday, January 6, 2011

Administrative hassles

I've been working with this HR lady based out of Shanghai for the last couple of weeks trying to figure out relocation and visa-related issues. My sister has been urging me to make a list of things I need and need to get done. I've resisted up until now. It's getting a little hairy...
  1. Get a haircut
  2. Go to Kinko's and get four 2-inch color photos (hence the haircut) 
  3. Go to the DMV and get my Pennsylvania drivers license changed back to a California drivers license
  4. Wait for HR in Shanghai to UPS me my alien work permit and Z work notification letter
  5. Take color photos, California drivers license, alien work permit, and Z work notification letter to Chinese embassy in Los Angeles to apply for the Z work visa
  6. Arrive in Shanghai
  7. Go to the local police station to get the registration form for a temporary residence permit
  8. Make an appointment for and take a medical exam
Like I said... Hairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment