Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bags are packed

The time has come. I'm ready, but not emotionally. You know how I know that? Because I haven't teared up saying my goodbyes to people. Actually, I think that only happens with my immediate family.

Anyway, packing didn't take long, as expected. While I was gone in New York, my parents bought me two brand new suitcases. After I got back, I unloaded everything from my closet, shelves, and shoe rack, and my sister helped me fold, roll, and stuff everything into a big corrugated box, my two brand new suitcases, and a small carry-on.

Aside from the usual effects, I now have in my suitcases floss and vitamins. I've heard from various family throughout Asia that floss and vitamins are very expensive there. In the shipping box, I have an assortment of pens and pencils, post-it notes, my stapler, tripod, alarm clock, and an assortment of cables and wires that might come in handy once I'm settled in. For the box, I'm using XSbaggage.com, the aptly named company that ships your excess baggage.

Tonight, I'm having dinner with my grandparents (whom I won't be seeing for a while), and then heading out to a bar to catch the Lakers game (which I won't be able to watch for a while) with some high school friends (whom I also won't be seeing for a while).

Next post to be from the Motherland.

No comments:

Post a Comment