Monday, January 17, 2011

Bumped

Originally, I was going to spend a couple of weeks in Texas before heading out to Shanghai sometime late-February. That's scratched. Instead, I'm flying out of Los Angeles on the morning of January 26th, and arriving in Shanghai on the evening of January 27th.

How do I feel about having my schedule bumped by a month? It kind of makes things a little more hectic. I'm still taking a trip out to New York. But upon returning, instead of having a week's time to move to a different state, I now have a day's time to move to a different continent! Guess I should start packing, considering...

I went to the hospital earlier this afternoon to visit my grandmother, who checked in last night due to irregular respiration. She was asleep when I got there, but awoke soon enough and began talking. I see her pretty regularly, but not like we talk on a daily basis. As I'd just found out myself about the schedule bump, I hadn't had a chance to tell her yet. She gave me a nice, long lecture on what I should expect when I got to Shanghai, what her expectations for me and my future were, and so on, and so on.

No tearful goodbye or anything like that, but a pretty interesting realization as I was about to leave that it would be a while before I saw my grandmother again. She joked that she would come to Shanghai to visit me. Actually, I'm not sure if she was joking or not, but I don't think she's going to make that trip. I can only hope that her health, and my grandfather's for that matter, hold up so that I may see them many times again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment